Co-working office space leaders, GRIND, have opened their latest space in the heart of New York. Featuring large open spaces blended with several private conference rooms & offices, this 8,000 square foot sustainably built workspace allows for a community of innovators to congregate and work in a new way. The high tech, low-stress environment allows members to work how they want, when they want. EP teamed up with Mesh Architects to provide MEP engineering design for this gut renovation.
Location: 1412 Broadway New York, NY 10018
- Providing air conditioning to open spaces in addition to multiple smaller interior offices requiring individual temperature control.
- Fitting mechanical equipment into limited space.
- Utilize existing sprinkler distribution system.
- To serve completely different space types, 2 separate air handling systems were designed, one with constant volume for open spaces to save costs and a second system with variable volume for interior individual office spaces.
- Multiple air handlers were coordinated within tight MER space utilizing common fresh air and spill air systems.
- Existing sprinkler system was meticulously surveyed and coordinated to allow for salvaging over 50% of the existing sprinkler branch piping.