WeWork – Bryant Park Office Building
Situated in the heart of NYC’s own Bryant Park sits a prewar 40,000 square foot 11 story building that now serves as an office building for the area. We Work has become a leader in “co-working” spaces across the country and now boasts beautifully renovated spaces overlooking the iconic Bryant Park. EP Engineering designed all new MEP systems for this high-rise gut renovation including a new electrical service including fuel oil generator, gas service, new central fire alarm system and a new fire service.
Location: 54 West 40th Street, New York, NY 10018
- Existing incoming utilities were old and short on capacity.
- Minimizing the spatial requirements of the MEP systems to maximize the leasable square footage of the building.
- Combining zone level control while still allowing the owner to maintain a central command over the HVAC system.
- Since the existing electrical infrastructure inside the building was severely corroded from past water infiltration, all new electrical switchgear was designed in its own electrical room.
- To accommodate all new bathroom and pantry layouts, a new domestic water pumping plant and riser network was designed.
- We were able to accommodate a level of HVAC Control that allowed us to have smaller areas on a single thermostat as opposed to fewer zones per floor. This increased the complexity however it also increased the comfort.