As noted in Part 2 of our 4-part series on compliance with Local Law 26 (LL 26) of 2004, the 14-year report shall be filed no earlier than January 1, 2018 and no later than July 1, 2018. The final report is to be filed no later than July 1, 2019. Click here for more information on each report.
For filing of these reports, the DOB has released “Attachment A” which is to be used for filing the 14-year and Final reports. The application submission must include:
- Building type and age
- Percentage of building that is equipped with sprinklers
- Report submission history(1-year, 7-year, 14-year reports)
- Sprinkler system status
- Work synopsis for work completed to date and implementation plan to achieve compliance.
This form can also be used to request an extension. In order to do so, the following must be provided:
- Narrative explaining the undue hardship preventing compliance by July 1, 2019 and supporting documentation.
- Previously submitted 1-year and 7-year interim reports
- Approved applications, plans and permits for the future work that will bring the building into compliance.
If the extension request is reviewed and approved, the final report will need to be submitted once all the sprinkler work has been completed, per the terms of the extension ruling.
For a copy of Attachment A, click here.
Buildings Bulletin 2017-017, which further describes the submission and extension processes, can be found here.
For your reference, links to our 4-part series on Local Law 26/04 (LL 26) are provided below:
- Part 1 – Sprinklering of Office Buildings by July 2019 – What is Local Law 26 of 2004?
- Part 2 – Sprinklering of Office Buildings by July 2019 – How to comply with Local Law 26
- Part 3 – Sprinklering of Office Buildings by July 2019 – Sprinkler Design & Construction Requirements for Local Law 26
- Part 4 – Sprinklering of Office Buildings by July 2019 – Local Law 26 FAQ