121 Inflight has opened their newest catering facility near JFK airport. This is their 3rd location, offering full service in-flight catering and many additional services including catering on the ground, international cuisine, foreign & domestic newspapers, ground transportation and much more. EP designed all new MEP systems for the 25,000 square foot catering facility which included (3) kitchens, various food service support spaces and administrative office spaces.
- Attempting to re-use as much existing sprinkler piping as possible. Existing space was a warehouse.
- Providing cooling for kitchens where cold air can be short circuited with kitchen exhaust.
- Re-using existing rooftop units to service new administrative areas.
- Existing sprinkler piping was surveyed meticulously to maintain most of the existing main lines without conflict with new ductwork.
- Kitchen air supplies were carefully coordinated to prevent short circuiting air with kitchen exhaust hoods.
- Existing rooftop units were inspected and diversities applied to allow for re-use.
149-18 Guy Brewer Blvd, Jamaica, NY 11434