EP Engineering provided a comprehensive “Energy Efficiency Report” (EER) for this 12-story, 183,000 square foot, building. The EER documented the building’s current energy usage and areas for improvement & energy savings. The 10-month process included inspecting the condition and performance of all building maintained, HVAC, Plumbing and Lighting systems, as well as all the perimeter windows and doors. Since the building is well maintained, has a mix of tenant and owner maintained equipment and recently underwent a complete modernization of their condenser water system, only minor deficiencies existed.
- Scheduling multiple site visits and being as minimally intrusive as possible for the tenants in the space while auditing the steam traps and window sealing.
- Retro-Commissioning the recently installed BMS system including optimizing it for current building usage.
- Compiling all current building energy usage data (gas, oil, electricity and steam) to develop a baseline for energy saving measures.
- BMS was optimized according to the building usage schedule to minimize equipment run time.
- System deficiencies were identified and corrected, resulting in 5% annual savings (approx.) and an estimated payback of less than one year.
- As part of the energy audit, Low Cost Measures and Capital Improvements were developed and presented with another 10% in estimated annual savings.
387 Park Ave South, New York, NY 10016
12 story, 183,000Download PDF