EP Engineering worked with ZH Architects on the renovation of 465 Washington Street. The project added 5 stories to the existing structure, resulting in a high-rise with 9
full-floor luxury residences and a ground-floor retail space, totaling 26,000 s.f. The MEP systems included all new utilities paired with high e ciency heating, cooling, and hot water systems.
- Bringing together the existing building with the new addition to create a coherent design with integrated aesthetic and function.
- Incorporating flood-mitigation strategies in the design to make the MEP systems resilient into the future.
- Coordination with architectural design elements to provide systems whose appearance and function compliment the building.
- All equipment was raised above the design flood elevation.
- Utility requirements to calculate to minimize the footprint of mechanical space required.
- Creative approaches to air distribution resulting in more immersive living spaces.
465 Washington Street New York, NY 10013