EP Engineering provided a comprehensive building infrastructure and central plant assessment for this 11-story, 53,000 square foot, building. The report outlined the operation and condition of the existing building systems, documented the building’s current energy usage and provided recommendations for areas of improvement and energy savings. Order of magnitude budget pricing for execution of these changes, as well as the calculated annual energy savings were also included in the report. The annual calculated savings from the implemented commissioning repairs resulted in a payback period of less than one year.
- Limited documentation of the existing building systems resulted in extensive survey time in order to identify, test and evaluate the existing HVAC, Plumbing, Lighting Systems and building envelope.
- Scheduling inspections to coincide with different seasons/weather conditions, in order to witness the operation of all heating and cooling systems.
- Compiling all current building energy usage data (electricity and steam) to develop a baseline for energy saving measures.
- Provided preventative maintenance schedules and protocols to make it easier for the building to document equipment condition, preserve equipment e fficiency and extend equipment lifespan.
- System deficiencies were identified and corrected, resulting in an estimated payback of less than one year.
597 5th Ave, New York, NY 10017
11 story, 53,000Download PDF