EP provides full MEP engineering services for ground-up construction of a new supportive and affordable housing facility jointly developed by The Hudson Companies and Project Hospitality on Port Richmond Avenue in Staten Island. Project Hospitality is a not for profit agency who provides local community initiatives and outreach programs with a focus on helping those with special needs ranging from people living with HIV/AIDS to others with mental illness.
Working alongside Amie Gross Architects, EP Engineering helped plan and design approximately 48,000 square feet of affordable housing dwelling units (48 total), ground floor community center, administrative offices and recreation space. The project is designed according to the guidelines of the Housing Preservation and Development (HPD), additionally the project is seeking LEED GOLD and NYSERDA Tier II certification.
- Routing mechanical and sprinkler systems within each dwelling unit due to extremely limited ceiling cavity space.
- Providing sufficient ventilation in accordance with HPD guidelines.
- Coordinated mechanical and sprinkler components to run within COMSLAB cells to gain additional height required to traverse apartments.
- Provided dedicated ERV units for each dwelling unit to ensure each receives sufficient ventilation.
- Tailored MEP design to comply with LEED GOLD requirements.
211 Port Richmond Ave, Staten Island, NY 10314