Luxury condo developers, HelloLiving, will soon begin construction on a new 7-story, 54,000 square foot, mixed use facility. The development will consist (52) residential units, ground floor commercial and community facility spaces, recreation areas and a double stacked enclosed parking garage. The new construction will also include the conversion of an existing 3-story school building into duplex residential units and commercial spaces. EP Engineering, working alongside Vincent Martineau Architects, designed the MEP systems for this development, including the high efficiency central air conditioning systems, new electrical service, fire/standpipe service and fire alarm system.
- Maintain maximum ceiling height throughout the apartments.
- Design of MEP systems for enclosed parking garage while not interfering with the automated parking system.
- A Variable Refrigerant Volume (VRV) heat pump system was provided for each tenant. Condensing units were located on upper roof and bulkheads. Wall mounted ductless units were utilized in order to keep ceiling heights as high as possible.
- Careful coordination with automated parking system consultant ensured that dry sprinkler, drainage, ventilation and carbon monoxide detection systems did not prohibit the use of the parking machinery and provided the necessary coverage.
* Photos by Hello Living LLC
203 Sutter Avenue, Brooklyn NY 11212
7 story building, 54,000Download PDF