305 Fitness is a dance driven cardio class that is geared toward people with no prior dance experience. The 1-hour classes focus on high intensity interval training (HIIT) and have locations in New York City, Boston, Washington DC, and Los Angeles. EP Engineering, along with Heitler Houstoun Architects, have recently provided the design services to open their newest location in the Upper East Side of New York City, complete with a 46-person dance studio and 2 full service locker rooms with showers.
- Coordinating separate Type I and Type II Alteration filings
- Coordinating acoustical insulation and installation requirements with low slab heights
- Coordinating diffuser and sprinkler head layout with theatrical lighting and acoustical panels in ceiling
- Designing an HVAC system to accommodate high humidity loads in the dance studio, a problem experienced in their other facilities.
- Attended site meetings with the project’s architect and client ensure the ductwork was able to fit within the required ceiling heights.