As part of the 280 Cadman Plaza West redevelopment, Hudson Companies is also providing non-subsidized affordable housing on (2) sites in the Clinton Hill area of Brooklyn. With a total of 114-inclusionary/workforce housing units, the (2) 8-story buildings on Fulton Street and Atlantic Ave expand the ever-growing inventory of affordable housing units in the city. EP is providing full MEP design for both buildings.
- Design quality MEP systems that still meet affordable housing budget.
- Create extra space in the cellars to allow for detention tanks.
- provide cost efficient method for heating the building.
- To allow for mechanical ventilation in each unit (above code requirement), PTACs were selected in lieu of window units which also afford more controllability and overall superior performance.
- Since the buildings are not high rises, we were able to reduce the pumping systems and the footprint they occupy. All in all, a good portion of square footage was freed up in the cellar to accomplish project requirements and still allow for the detention tanks to be stored inside.
- Gas fired PTAC units were selected as a superior alternative to window units while at the same time reducing costs associated with hydronic heating system.
909 Atlantic Ave Brooklyn, NY 11238 and 1043 Fulton St Brooklyn, NY 11238Download PDF