EP Engineering worked with Shifted recording studio and DesBrisay and Smith Architects to convert a 3,100 square foot garage warehouse into a full recording studio. The studio features recording booths, control rooms, production rooms, tracking room, and a lounge with kitchenette. All of the rooms are built as soundproof enclosures with floating wall and ceiling construction for all sound sensitive rooms.
- Coordination with existing conditions was difficult with varying floor elevations, ramps, and a sloped roof.
- Designing and locating an independent air handler for each soundproof room with fully ducted supply and returns.
- Providing fully coordinated MEP services around new double-walled room conditions and secondary floating ceilings.
- Close coordination with an acoustical engineer during design and careful implementation of mechanical system and duct silences led to a noise criteria of 20 in all sound sensitive rooms.
- Providing independent zone temperature control with both heating and cooling available year round due to highly insulated soundproof rooms.
855 Humboldt Street, Brooklyn, NY 11222