Hunter College is one of the oldest public colleges in the United States. It found its home at Park Ave, its main campus location, in 1873. A recent renovation was performed on the 6th floor auditorium for an updated lecture hall. EP Engineering was responsible for new electrical/lighting for the space.
- Retrofit required power feeds to new electrified seating system within existing architecture.
- Integrate EM portion of new lighting control system with existing building emergency power system.
- Developed custom conduit routing plan to maintain integrity of existing wall features and maintain overall architectural aesthetic.
- Repurposed power feed from obsolete lighting control system to provide power for the project.
- Coordinated with building engineer and lighting manufacturer to provide existing building generator power to new lighting system.
695 Park Avenue New York, NY 10065