The Frying Pan is a historic lightship built in 1929 that spent 3-years at the bottom of the Chesapeake Bay before being rescued and restored. The ship was located at Pier 63 for a while on the Hudson River and is now making a permanent home at Pier 66A. The new location requires all new utility connections (gas, domestic water, sewer, electrical and tel/data) from the park located on the West Side Highway.
Coordinate with Con Edison, Hudson River Park Trust and DEP for rare installation of permanent utilities serving a maritime vessel. Bring services to the boat across a historic landmarked structure (float bridge).
All new lines serving the boat will be run underwater in special protective sleeves and then up to the boat within the existing vertical posts on the float bridge. New utility entrance points are carefully located in the park so as not to disrupt the aesthetic.
63 East River Drive, New York, NY 10002