DOB NOW is the NYC Department of Buildings’ most recent initiative to modernize and streamline interactions with design professionals, owners, contractors and filing representatives. This new online portal will make it easier to submit applications, make payments, schedule appointments, check the status of an application or inspection, pull permits, and make renewals. DOB NOW is being released in four separate phases:
- DOB NOW: Inspections is the new name for Inspection Ready. All current functionality remains the same for online scheduling, tracking, and notifications as well as enforcement and development inspections.
- DOB NOW: Build will include job filings, permits, and Letters of Completion. This new online job filing and permit portal launched July 25, 2016 for plumbing and sprinkler job filings.
- DOB NOW: Safety includes all compliance filings (façades, elevators, boilers) and will be available for selected job filings in the fall of 2016.
- DOB NOW: Licensing will allow for online exam filing, issuance, and renewal for Licensees. Set to go live in 2017.
In response of the recent launch of DOB NOW: Build, all design professionals (Professional Engineers and Registered Architects), building owners, filing representatives and special inspectors, need to register for eFiling.
Click here to register!
Here is what you need to know for Plumbing and Sprinkler filings through DOB NOW: Build:
- For applications filed in DOB NOW, initial and renewal Plumbing and Sprinkler permits must be pulled online.
- Plumbing and Sprinkler jobs filed in DOB NOW will not appear in the existing Buildings Information System (BIS).
- System-generated emails will be sent to applicants, filing representatives, owners and contractors at critical milestones in the filing process.
- Plans and associated Required Documents can only be submitted electronically.
- Appointments must be requested online. Meetings will be conducted virtually using GoToMeeting. No in-person appointments will be granted.
- Payments can only be made online.
- After Hour Variance permits are requested and issued against individual permits online.
- Letter of Completion can be emailed and issued online.