Ahava Medical & Rehabilitation Urgent Care Center Williamsburg Brooklyn NY is a full service medical facility with a staff of over 120 health care professionals. Ahava serves patients throughout Brooklyn, Liberty and the surrounding areas of New York City. This project is a 30,000 s.f. expansion, a new medical building to accommodate (3) class C operating room suites. The building renovation will also include fit out of the 1st floor (Diagnostic & Treatment), 4th Floor (Infusion) & the 5th floor (Physical Therapy). EP Engineering designed complete MEP systems, including sterile operating spaces with HEPA ﬁltration as well as a dedicated emergency generator all while within full compliance of Article 28, Public Health Law and FGI Healthcare Guidelines.
- Design a dedicated AC system in accordance to ASHRAE 170 to serve the Class C operating rooms, Pre/Post-Op, Nurses Station, Exam Room, and supporting spaces.
- Provide dedicated exhaust for medical gas storage and support spaces room pursuant to ASHRAE 170 within limited footprint.
- Provide new outside air system design to support ventilation requirements for the project and pressure relationships required by ASHRAE 170.
- Locating a full generator system to minimize footprint without losing usable lot space.
- Design of new building FA system w/ the adjacent bldg. to accommodate the interconnection of the cellar surgical floor.
- We were able to design a functional MEP system which served a class C operating rooms while maintaining strict FGI code compliance.
- A complete emergency generator system, including ATS and EM panels, was installed to satisfy NFPA Type 1 EES requirements.
- Provided medical gas distribution system to procedure rooms from medical gas storage room.
- Locate intakes and discharges maintaining 25’-0” clearance within tight constraints to comply with FGI guidelines.
19 Fayette Street Brooklyn, NY 11206