Buell Hall is the oldest building on the Morningside campus at Columbia University. Built in 1885, it is home to the oldest French cultural center in the US, La Maison Francaise. A recent renovation was performed on the ground floor Ross Galleries for art and architecture. EP Engineering was responsible for design of the new mechanical & electrical/lighting for the space.
- Working within confines of historical architecture
- Existing systems were old and outdated.
- Customized chilled water fan coils were designed to fit in existing enclosure spaces.
- Custom supply air grilles were designed to match the existing floor air outlets and to deliver better air distribution then the previous outlets.
- Through meticulous coordination and survey work, we identified feasible locations for all mechanical equipment, electrical wiring and piping.
515 W 116st Street New York, NY 10027
2,100 SFDownload PDF