This project is a renovation of a vacant space in Jamaica, Queens into a full service surgical suite that will have two class C operating rooms. The total space is approximately 6,500 USF inclusive of operating rooms, exam, post op areas and support areas including sterilization, anesthesia and soiled workrooms. EP Engineering designed complete MEP systems, including sterile operating spaces with HEPA filtration as well as a dedicated emergency generator all while within full compliance of Article 28, Public Health Law and FGI Healthcare Guidelines.
- Design a dedicated AC system in accordance to ASHRAE 170 to serve the Class C operating rooms, Pre/Post-Op, Nurses Station, Exam Room, and supporting spaces.
- Provide dedicated exhaust for medical gas storage and support spaces room pursuant to ASHRAE 170 within limited footprint.
- Locating a full generator system to minimize foot print without losing usable lot space.
- A complete emergency generator system, including ATS and EM panels, was installed to satisfy NFPA Type 1 EES requirements.
- Provided medical gas distribution system to procedure rooms from medical gas storage room.
- Locate intakes and discharges maintaining 25’-0” clearance within tight constraints to comply with FGI guidelines.
92-20 165th Street Jamaica, NY 11433