The Manhattan Reproductive Surgery Center is the latest collaboration between EP Engineering and Terjesen Associates Architects. This 6,700 square foot facility, located on the 21st floor of 65 Broadway in the Financial District. It is home to two Class C Operating Rooms along with all necessary supporting rooms for a fully functioning Article 28 facility which include Pre- and Post-Op areas, an Exam Room, and a Sterilization Room. EP Engineering provided the full MEP design services – from water source heat pumps for cooling and heating, to medical gas and vacuum systems and an emergency generator – in accordance with FGI Guidelines, NFPA, and ASHRAE Standard 170.
- Coordination with building to provide a path to bring adequate power from the building’s electrical room up to the 21st floor.
- Determining the locations and function of the undocumented existing ductwork and piping running through the floor.
- Dealing with strict time constraints and multiple layout changes while still maintaining design and construction schedule.
- Determining adequate locations for exhaust and outside air intake through the roof while maintaining proper clearances from cooling tower, vents, etc. to meet ASHRAE 170 requirements.
- Coordinating new equipment, ductwork, and piping around existing roof drains, condenser water main and other existing conditions as a result of being on the top floor of the building.
- Design of multiple AC units in tight areas while maintaining required service clearances.
65 Broadway, 21st floor New York, NY 10006